Sunday, January 8, 2012


'Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.'
Psalm 107:15-16

The iron chains insidiously wrapped themselves around my heart. I woke up burdened and heavy and full of fear and insecurity and inadequacy. 
It is a chain. 

It is a prison of iron bars. 
Somehow, without warning, I am back in that prison. 

The prison where all is dark and no light shines.

The place where I hide behind the shame of bars of iron. 

But God.
He broke down those gates and cut through the bars of iron and set me free. 

His love is unfailing and never ceases to amaze me with his wonderful deeds. 
Bravo, God! Bravo for your love and freedom. 

Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment