Sunday, March 25, 2012



There is a place that I love to be. 
This place is my hiding place. 
It is the palm of One who loves deep and wide. 

At first thought, a hiding place is dark and quiet and small. 
But if God is light. 
And He is. 

Then His hiding place must be light filled. 
It must be spacious. 
It is a safe place filled with the light of His presence. 

Hiding from something is a fear filled response, but when we hide in the One who is creator and a star breather we are surrounded by His songs of joy and deliverance. 

My hiding place. 
It's not a secret. 
Jesus. 
The name above every name. 

My light-filled, 
God-breathed,
protected place. 

His palm. 

There I rest, not cowering in the darkness, but rejoicing in 
His Light. 

Bravo, God!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, and He covers us with His wings and we nestle close, safe. Thanks for sharing, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, those wings--so special! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete